The Water Innovation Project organized the 2015 Water/Energy Nexus Hackathon August 15, 2015 in San Francisco. The Hackathon bridged a gap between technology, water and energy – allowing students, professionals and technology enthusiasts the opportunity to showcase their talents and innovation over a 36 hour period.
At The Water Innovation Project, we develop Hackathons with the following goals in mind:
1) Engage a variety of water industry stakeholders in a collaborative learning environment with one another.
2) Introduce individuals with a technology background to water issues and engage them in understanding the issues through competitive problem solving.
3) Provide a high level of awareness within the industry to showcase the value of innovation and collaboration
4) Develop software/hardware that may be commercially viable to encourage entrepreneurial endeavors
5) Have fun, learn from one another and leave with a sense of accomplishment.
Interested in seeing the projects? Check them out on DEVPOST.